Requirements for extra-credit:
- ALL missing assignments must be turned in before you can get extra credit.
- Pick an article from a NEWS website and print it off. newsela.com. fox news, cnn news, msnbc or ktvb.com are some of the few you might use. Make sure you give credit to the author and organization where you get the information.
- Read and summarize the article, must be a handwritten summary, not a cut and paste summary
- Report in front of class, you should be able to tell the students what the article was about, why you picked the article, your opinion about the article content. (i.e. whether you agree with the way the author portrays the content, or how it differs from your opinion or point of view)
- You will be given 10-25 points depending on the quality of report. 6th grade 5-20 points.
Other extra credit opportunities
Points will also be given for pictures of landmarks around the northwest. The only catch is that you have to be in the photograph. Some examples of this might be as simple as a picture of a summit sign(i.e. Banner Summit) Other things would include Old Faithful, Craters of the Moon, Hells Canyon or any other geological feature. Be creative and it might be worth more points. Other ideas would be you standing in the Governor's office, the rotunda at the capital building, or at the old Penitentiary.